When you’re selling your home, you want to promote those features that will be of highest interest to prospective buyers. After all, the more reasons a buyer has to love your property, the more likely they are to make a great offer. Increasingly, one category of features that buyers are looking for is energyefficiency. So, if there are specific energy-saving characteristics of your home, make sure those are highlighted when selling.
When considering the energy-efficient characteristics of your property, consider the following:
• Appliances: Fridge, stove, washer, dryer.
• HVAC: Furnace, air conditioner.
• Insulation. (Especially in the attic.)
• Home technology. For example, a system that automates heating, cooling, lighting, etc., to keep energy usage to a minimum.
• Lighting. Have you switched to LED bulbs or fixtures?
• Windows and doors. For example, did you replace windows in recent years to help lower heating and cooling costs?
If something stands out as particularly energy-efficient, it will be of interest to many buyers. And, obviously, if your home has a unique energy-efficient feature, such as solar panels, you’ll definitely want to point that out in the listing description.
Want more tips on maximizing the appeal of your property? Give me a call. Lynn with Team Nest Builder!
973-222-3777 or email [email protected]
Let's discuss your home and how to get top dollar in this market!